Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- The Red Carpet Academy reserve the right to change these Terms of Business at any time without giving notice.
- All course fees and balances are due at least 14 days before the first day of attendance otherwise deposits and course placements will be lost
- A non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your place should you not be able to pay in full at time of booking
- All deposits are non-refundable, however should you wish to change your date of training it may be transferred at the discretion of The RCA with prior consent should you inform us in writing up to 28 days before the course date. No admin will be charged.
- Should you wish to change / amend your training date within the 28 days of your booking (or within 28 days of the training date itself) we will endeavour to transfer your place on to our next training day subject to availability. This will incur an admin fee.
- Transfer or amendments to another training day will not be confirmed until the admin fee has been paid in full.
- Should you accept a special offer or discount from our advertised fee and wish to change your date of training, this will incur an admin fee
- The RCA reserve the right to amend or change a training event date or location, however ample notice will be given to the client along with the option to defer to another available date. No admin fee will be charged for this. In this case, should you be unavailable for future dates, non-refundable deposits, instalments and/or fees will be refunded
- E-Vouchers or tickets purchased via Eventbrite or similar sites cannot be refunded once purchased, however we will transfer your ticket to an alternative training date of the same value subject to availability. There is an admin fee per person due at the time of transfer.
- We accept payments for The Novice training in up to 2 instalments; The Professional training in up to 4 instalments; and The Expert training in up to 6 instalments.
- Payment plans longer than 3 months is at the discretion of The Red Carpet Academy. Legal action may be taken against clients who attend our training and fail to complete their payment plan or do not settle their outstanding balance.
- We accept payment via Paypal, debit or credit card, or via bank transfer.
- If paid in full, cancellations within 28 days of your original booking date will result in a 25% loss of any monies paid, in addition of your non-refundable deposit. Cancellations within 14 daysof commencement of the course date will result in a 50% loss of any monies paid plus your non-refundable deposit. Cancellations within 7 days of the course start date will result in 100% loss of any monies paid plus your non-refundable deposit.
- Should a client wish to cancel after their confirmed booking non-refundable deposits will not be returned. Unless
- Should a client pay instalments and choose to cancel after an initial 7 day “cooling off” period from your initial booking, all monies already paid will be forfeited unless at the discretion of The Red Carpet Academy. This does not include any non-refundable deposits.
- Any absence or cancellations should be notified in writing in advance by email. No other source of communication will be accepted. This includes social media messaging, phone or text.
- Refunds will not be given to those absent from sessions. Phone calls, text messages, instant messages or social network posts are not considered by The Red Carpet Academy to be acceptable methods of notification.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anybody arriving late to a session without advanced notice. Refunds will not be given in these circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change course dates and venues at any time and endeavour to provide as much notice as possible to all attendees
- Due to availability you are will be unable to choose your coach, presenter or celebrity expert, however we will endeavour to match you with the best coach to suit or subject to availability.
- We do not accept responsibility for any accidental injury or loss or damage to personal property whilst training with The Red Carpet Academy or attending any of our events.
- We do not accept any responsibility to any allergic reactions to food or beverages provided.
- Training at The Red Carpet Academy does not guarantee any participant with an offer of any speaking engagement, freelance work, employment, interview or screen test.
Editing and Footage:
- Unless stated otherwise upon booking, all personal footage of The Novice One Day training or The Professional 3 day course are available to purchase at an additional fee.
- Unless stated otherwise upon booking, all personal footage provided will be RAW files and unedited. Clients must provide their own USB stick or hard-drive or one can be purchased on the day subject to a small fee for this service. Should you wish to purchase a USB stick from us on the day there is also an additional charge.
- Unless agreed in advance delivery time of raw footage are usually within 14 days unless stated otherwise.
- All RAW and fully edited footage of The Expert 5 day training program are included in the price of your training
- Please allow up to 28 days for Show-reels to be professionally edited.
- Physical CD and DVD copies of Show-reels and demos are available for an additional fee
- Please note that The Red Carpet Academy may not hold on to any filmed footage or master copies of any Show-reels or raw footage after a period of three months
- The Red Carpet Academy will use professional judgement to decide how all Show-reels are filmed, edited and produced. Clients are unable to be involved in the show-reel editing process, although suggestions may be submitted for consideration.
- Additional amendments to Show-reels requested by the client are subject to an amendment fee. This includes, but is not limited to removal or addition of special effects, titles, transition effects, background or the adjustment of any lighting or sound unless error of The RCA. If so, we will take full responsibility and act accordingly.
- Amendment or admin fees are payable in advance via Paypal invoice or bank transfer.
- Clients grant to the company a non–exclusive, royalty–free, irrevocable license in respect of any intellectual property rights created by all trainees and clients during all filming or photography at The Red Carpet Academy workshops for the purposes of educational and promotional use, including websites and other online media, academic publications, social media, exhibition catalogues, posters, leaflets and prospectuses, including the right to sub–license images for educational and promotional use.
- A signed copy of a standard industry release form is required by all participants of our training programs and events. Failure to comply may mean forfeiting your training without a refund.
- Copies of all professional photography taken by The Red Carpet Academy at all events are subject to a fee and/or licensing agreement
- The Red Carpet Academy reserve the right to take legal action against any persons who are deemed to be impersonating, abusing or exploiting our brand, services or experts.
Conditions of training:
- The facilitators, staff and freelancers of The Red Carpet Academy or those of its contractors or other third party suppliers have the right to work in an environment which is free from any form of harassment, intimidation or abuse whether actual or threatened, physical or verbal. We have a zero tolerance policy to any abuse of said employees; and trainees and clients are reminded that any such conduct constitutes as unacceptable behaviour. This may result in disciplinary action which may, in turn, lead to your suspension or dismissal from all training at The Red Carpet Academy. Extreme cases will be immediately notified to the police and please note that security is always on the property to safeguard the facilitators, presenters and attendees.
- Any attendees under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to take part in sessions and will be refused entry. Refunds will not be given under these circumstances.
- We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all clients and staff to ensure that no–one is discriminated against on the grounds of race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, disability, age, social position or sexual orientation.
- We operate a no–smoking policy which is prohibited in our buildings.
- Trainees and Clients are expected to contribute to the maintenance of a suitable physical learning environment by treating all buildings and property with due care and respect.
- Please observe the date and time of the workshop in your welcome email. Regrettably, we cannot accommodate people who “forget” or arrive on the wrong date, and refunds cannot be given under these circumstances. Spaces are very limited.
- We kindly advise all clients to check an online Map for details on the exact location of the course venue before the event. We may be unavailable on the day to provide additional directions to what is outlined in your welcome email. Please ensure you arrive at the correct venue at the correct time.
- Please arrive approx 15 minutes early for the workshop, in case of traffic / bad weather etc. Regrettably, we are unable to allow extreme latecomers in to the session as this may be disruptive and unfair to other attendees. Google Maps or Sat Navigation usually display traffic alerts, and gov.ukoffer up-to-date travel alerts.
- Customers are advised not to wear green if participating in any workshops, due to technical reasons. Narrow stripes and checks should also be avoided. Block colours of full black and/or white should also be avoided where possible.
- Many of our events offer complimentary refreshments such as tea, coffee, water, alcoholic beverages or snacks during the workshop date/s, however these are subject to availability and not necessarily included within the cost of your training unless stated otherwise.
- No alcohol will be served to anyone under the age of 18 years old.
- Should you have any special dietary or medical requirements please bring these along with you.
- Please remember to bring along to your workshop any medicines you may need such as asthma inhalers, insulin, anti-histamine, Epi-pen etc. Whilst The Red Carpet Academy will take the necessary measures to assist in an unfortunate event, we will not accept liability for attendees who do not bring any required medication they may need throughout the training.
- Clients are requested to assist in ensuring that all litter is placed in bins provided in order to maintain a litter free, safe and healthy working environment.
- All users of our facilities share a responsibility for safety and therefore there is a need for all attendees to take personal responsibility for the safety and health of themselves and others. To observe safe standards of behaviour, dress, protective clothing and footwear as required. To familiarise themselves with the safety requirements of their course or venue. Not to interfere with equipment or materials provided to promote safety and health.
- The Red Carpet Academy takes its responsibilities under the Data Protection regulations seriously and respects the privacy of its clients and staff. We adopt such measures as we deem reasonable, from time to time, to ensure that all data is processed in accordance with the regulations.
- All Clients must agree to fully indemnify The Red Carpet Academy and its affiliates, freelancers and employees against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damage, and expense (including reasonable legal fees) arising from or in connection with any training course, workshop, location filming, showreel production or other work.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction for hearing any dispute arising under this agreement.
General enquiries and correspondence should be emailed the [email protected]